Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Disclaimer

If you're going to friend me on a social networking site, follow my blog, or spend any "real" time with me... here's a little disclaimer:

I, like most people, like to research and make well informed decisions for my family. Unfortunately, there is an abundance of conflicting information, advice and opinions. There are unreliable and reliable sources everywhere in all kinds of forms: websites, books, articles, doctors, friends, and family. I  pass on any reliable information I find, so that someone can be inspired to  dig deeper and make the best possible choice for themselves. Actually, I hold back a lot of it in fear of offending people. If a friend of mine hadn't shared the valuable information she had with me I'd completely different parent. It changed my life, and I am trying to do the same for someone else who may be peeking in at my life.

Our culture breeds "sources" that spread ideas that require the least activity, commitment, and time. It's hard to sift through all of the parenting techniques and traditions.  I understand though that there are exceptions to everything and ALSO that no one can do 100 percent best at everything. Also, what's best for you may not be best for me and vice versa. Shoot, sometimes we don't even KNOW what's best and just go with what makes the most sense for our circumstance. Go with your instinct and trust the Holy Spirit to guide you, pray to God about every situation, always ask questions and always be seeking out several different sources of information and support for each topic.

I apologize if I have made anyone feel degraded, stupid, or like a bad parent.

1 comment:

  1. Did someone say that you offended them? None of the things you've posted have ever seemed the least bit offensive to me! And I definitely think that we need to spend some more real time together. :) And I want to make Stella one of my diapers, to see how "one size" they really are. They fit Blake great, but I wanna try them out on babies of all sizes! Do you have a cover at all or any pins/snappis? The flannel is really hard to pin, I prefer to snappi it, even though some people say it doesn't snappi well...I haven't had any problems.

    ReplyDelete