Monday, December 13, 2010

Tree Pickin'

Trying to start and enjoy family traditions while overcoming what I believe to be prenatal depression hasn't been very successful. I managed to get off of the couch, turn off Sponge Bob, and go out to Whispering Pines in Milton to pick and cut down our Christmas tree with my family. It was a great experience and I can't wait to go back next year. Our seven foot tree was only $18 and they gave us a baby tree to plant. They provide the saw, shaking, and netting. All  you need is a proper vehicle to strap it on. I recommend a 1988 Ford Taurus Station Wagon, but we used my mom's SUV.

This was 'the one.'
Checking for chipmunks.

There was a baby goat nursing and my mom exclaimed, "Look! It's breastfeeding!" Haha. We had a good laugh over that.

I highly recommend a real tree! You only get to have a decorated tree in your house once a year. If you get them at a local farm it's much more budget friendly. They are worth the fuss, in my opinion. That's coming from someone with allergies and a mischievous cat! Here's a site to help you find a farm near you and some great facts about fake Christmas trees.

PS Thanks to my mom for snapping pictures of us so I can finally be included in some of our memories!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! Look how long both yours and Stella's hair is getting! Love you both and all the pics. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a fabulous day, and the tree looks gorgeous in the house! I stopped by, you and Stella were napping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pictures! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete