Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A pick-me-up for this dreary weather

Time for a garden related post! It just started getting cold here I'm already tired of winter. I always seem to get in a huge rut. I had all sorts of big plans for my winter garden and they flopped. I can't tell you the last time I walked over there (it's at my future house across the street) I had 9 tomato plants, basil, lettuce, and kale doing pretty well, but it's been weeks since I've watered and I'm sure the freeze knocked them out. Sad and uninspiring, I know, but the truth.

On a brighter note  - my Baker's Creek Heirloom Seed Catalog arrived yesterday!!!!I didn't order from this company last year because I didn't find out about them until after I bought all of my seeds from Lowe's.  I've spent many nights browsing their website, but the actual catalog is breathtaking. One of the many reasons I'm crazy about them is they work to uphold our agricultural heritage and do not carry GMO. There are so many new varieties I want to try. I'm super excited about the great selection of Thai vegetables I can impress my grandmother with. If you go to their site you can request your  free catalog, but while you wait, I took a few pictures to share with you.






I couldn't resist....

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cool!! What's GMO? And Stella is absolutely beautiful, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures would make awesome Christmas bows. hahah I have become obsessed with making those bows... I have like 20 made, and 15 don't even have presents to go onto....

    ReplyDelete