Friday, February 12, 2010

Progress - Definitely Not Perfection

Tomatoes


Okra (Swiss Chard & Onion trying to get in the shot)

My first round of seedlings encountered some loss thanks to me being a newbie in seed starting. I over watered them and they weren't receiving enough light in the north facing window sill I had them in (you should put them in a south facing window) So, about half of them are goners. Most of them were lettuce varieties, beets, kale, swiss chard, and a few onions. So hopefully I wasn't too late for the remaining tomatoes, basil, parsley and peppers. I'll keep you updated.

I've since planted the second round which includes spinach and succession plants from the previous batch (more tomatoes, lettuce and onions) and I replanted what I lost. It probably seems like I'm overdoing it, but I'd like to try to enjoy garden fresh produce year round and I'd like to share with friends and family.  I spent hours planning and and researching, so hopefully it will pay off.

Here's a few great resources for gardening in NW Florida that have been very helpful to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment