Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthday Month

July is a big month for our family! It's hard to believe it's just around the corner. Both little ones have birthday celebrations! Bastian is turning 1 on the 1st and Stella will be 3 on the 28th. Rather than hosting a gathering or showering them with loads of gifts we are going to keep it simple. I'll probably bake them each a small cake on their respective dates and get them each a small gift. I'm sure we'll also have a family gathering with dinner and balloons.

Behind the scenes much more will be taking place...

I've been spending a lot of time re evaluating my mission as a wife and mother due to experiencing  a seemingly endless rut. I can't figure out what I want to pursue or if I should pursue those things (doula, photography, back to school, part time job, etc) I'm (still) not anywhere where I'd like to be, but God has given me an overwhelming amount of peace and rest in the past few weeks. I've been resting in His presence. Which actually, is exactly where I need to be. More recently the peace has started to be bombarded by the reality of my never ending to-do and want-to-do list. I'm desperately holding on to the restoration and hope I've been experiencing. During this time of re cooperation I was given so much inspiration and encouragement that I just don't know what to do with it all. Cameron and I were discussing many things during this time (more like I was pouring my heart out to him a few times a week) and I reminded myself "For Him. For the kids." With their birthdays approaching and my need to take action anxiously waiting for me to do so, their birthday month is going to be all about pouring our lives into these goals we have. We are going to make drastic and radical changes without looking back. No more "next week, next month, next year.''

It's all about back to basics, simplifying, discipline, and balance. The same goals as usual. Just pursuing them with an unusual intensity, and doing it as a family. No more seeing "Live like there is no tomorrow" quotes then getting mad at myself because I don't. If you want something, go get it. Stop wishing and waiting. You have no excuses.

Sorry for the self pep talk rabbit trail there. Oh yeah, so...why blog about it? Well, why did I start this silly thing in the first place? To "chronicle" my life with my little "canaries." Oh yeaaah. I haven't done a good job at that. Stella's baby book is hardly filled in, Bastian doesn't have one, no scrap booking has happened, I haven't even ordered prints from their births....or our wedding!! I hope to accomplish some of that within this blog. It's REALLY hard for me to go back and not delete some of the posts or re edit my pictures, but it's all part of the process, so I just need to learn to appreciate it. It seems like it'd be so much easier to just upload and type in here and then get it printed one day. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I think Doula and Photography would suite you well :) I love your photos and I think you would inspire women get through the pregnancy and birth easier!

    ReplyDelete